BUCKLAND The Town Of Buckland , Named For William Buckland , Architect , Was Cha ...
Stockphoto ID: 3558884
File name: 143_4368.JPG
Format: digital, 5000+ pixels longest side
Property release: no Model release: no
Source: photographer Based in: United States
Description: BUCKLAND The town of Buckland , named for William Buckland , architect , was chartered in 1798 with streets and lots on both sides of Broad Run near the mill of John Love . Tranquility , future site of Buckland Hall nearby , was John Loves seat . This property was transferred in 1853 to Richard Bland Lee , nephew of Lighthorse Harry Lee of Leesylvania . Buckland Tavern , now restored as a dwelling , served during the early 19th century as a refreshing stop on the Alexandria Warrenton Turnpike . Prince William County Historical Commission 1984