TRINITY METHODIST CHURCH Erected In 1860 , This Building Housed Trinity Methodis ...
Stockphoto ID: 3558804
File name: 142_4261.JPG
Format: digital, 5000+ pixels longest side
Property release: no Model release: no
Source: photographer Based in: United States
Description: TRINITY METHODIST CHURCH Erected in 1860 , this building housed Trinity Methodist Church until 1945 when the congregation moved to Henrico County . It was designed by noted Richmond architect Albert West , who was also a leading Methodist . The roots of the Trinity congregation date from 1790 when a small group of converts first met at the foot of Church Hill , marking the founding of organized Methodism in Richmond . Virginia Historic Landmarks Commission , 1984