SUDLEY METHODIST CHURCH The Site For The First Church , A Small Brick Building , ...
Stockphoto ID: 3558774
File name: 142_4220.JPG
Format: digital, 5000+ pixels longest side
Property release: no Model release: no
Source: photographer Based in: United States
Description: SUDLEY METHODIST CHURCH The site for the first church , a small brick building , was donated by Landon Carter of Woodland in 1822 . During the Battles of Manassas ( Bull Run ) , it was used as a field hospital by both the North and the South , but was so badly damaged that it was razed and a frame church built in its place . The second church was struck by lightning in 1918 and burned . The present church was dedicated in 1922 . The annual Sudley Church Bazaar has been a gathering place for friends and neighbors for decades . Prince William County Historical Commission 1983