ACADIA PLANTATION Originally Named Acadie The Name Was Changed To Acadia In The ...
Stockphoto ID: 3558369
File name: 197_9725.JPG
Format: digital, 5000+ pixels longest side
Property release: no Model release: no
Source: photographer Based in: United States
Description: ACADIA PLANTATION Originally named Acadie the name was changed to Acadia in the 1830s . Once owned by Jim Bowie , the hero of the Alamo , whose family owned it from 1827 to 1831 . The house was consolidated into one building from two creole cottages and a shotgun house . Other owners were Philip Barton Key , newphew of Francis Scott Key , and Andrew Donelson , nephew of Rachel Jackson , wife of Andrew Jackson . Federal troops camped here during the Civil War . The plantation is now owned by descendants of Ann Plater Key , mother of Philip Barton Key . LaFourche Heritage Society , Inc .