FORT DADE Located One Mile East Of This Point On The South Bank Of The Withlacoo ...
Stockphoto ID: 3556423
File name: 20070311 - Historical Markers -jw276.JPG
Format: digital, 5000+ pixels longest side
Property release: no Model release: no
Source: photographer Based in: United States
Description: FORT DADE Located one mile east of this point on the south bank of the Withlacoochee River at the crossing of the Fort King Road . The Fort , built in 1837 , named for Major Francis Langhorne Dade , served for many years as a depot and observation post in the heart of the Seminole Indian settlement . Here , March 6 , 1837 , the Seminole leaders , Jumper and Alligator , met General Thomas S . Jesup to sign the " Ft . Dade Capitulation . " Florida Board of Parks and Historic Memorials , 1966
This image is copyright protected. There is a fee for any use. This website is not a source of free images.