THANNISCH BLOCK BUILDING The Eastern Portion Of This Structure Was Built In 1906 ...
Stockphoto ID: 3554555
File name: 20130420 - Texas (Travel)-B131496.JPG
Format: digital, 5000+ pixels longest side
Property release: no Model release: no
Source: photographer Based in: United States
Description: THANNISCH BLOCK BUILDING The eastern portion of this structure was built in 1906 07 by Col . Thomas Marion Thannisch ( 1853 1935 ) , one of north Fort Worths early developers . Designed for use as a hotel and office space to serve the Stockyards community and trade , the building was expanded in 1913 . The three story commercial structure features decorative brickwork , chevron designs in the upper story , and corbeled parapet . Recorded Texas Historic Landmark 1983