The Cupola House Was Built In 1758 , For Francis Corbin , A Land Agent Under Lor ...
Stockphoto ID: 3261445
File name: _DSC7843.jpg
Format: digital, 3000+ pixels longest side
Property release: no Model release: no
Source: photographer Based in: United States
Description: The Cupola House was built in 1758 , for Francis Corbin , a land agent under Lord Granville . In 1777 , the property was sold by Corbins heirs to Dr . Samuel Dickinson . In 1918 , the interior woodwork was sold to The Brooklyn Museum of Art , and Tillie Bond was forced to sell the entire house . It was purchased that same year , by the Cupola House Association , and was completely restored by Frank Fred Muth during the next three years . Soon thereafter , the Cupola House became the first public library in Edenton , after memorials were left in monetary value for William Pruden , Sr . and William Blount Shepard . In 1963 the town began construction on a new public library , now located across the street , and the Cupola House woodwork was duplicated to match that of the woodwork taken to the Brooklyn Museum years earlier . In 1966 , the Cupola House was opened as a house museum and is habitually visited by tourists and locals alike .
This image is copyright protected. There is a fee for any use. This website is not a source of free images.